We are a manufacturer of various types of Japanese wooden boxes, ranging from very traditional wooden boxes for tea ceremony to refined packaging boxes and gift boxes.
We have 150 employees all together and 50 of them are the craftsmen with the proficient skills.
Our sales turnover is more than 20 million dollars which is the largest in Japan.
Mihagi Kougei has put the first priority on the quality and to keep the promised delivery.
In order to maintain the high quality of our products and to stick to the promised delivery timing, we possess the whole manufacturing processes which have been always under our control.
Advantages of Mihagi Kougei
- The largest craft wooden box manufacturer in Japan.
- Highly experienced in exporting wooden box items to foreign countries including North America, Europe, and Australia.
- Operating our own factory with production capacity of 15,000 boxes on a daily basis.
- Nails are not used but only glue which passed the Japanese food hygiene test is used when bonding wooden parts to make our product.
- PEFC (Programme for the Endorseement of Forest Certification Shemes) certified.
- Awarded by the Japanese government for the achievement in using IT strategically in the corporate management.
- We purchase wooden logs and panels directly from the sources around the world.
- We store the logs at our warehouse to avoid any damage during the storage.
- We remove the lye in a very nature friendly way without using the chemical. To remove the lye in the natural way takes longer time but assures the quality in a long term.
- We can print, foil stamp or brand(burned) your logo as an option.
Our main clients in Japan
- 7 Japanese living national treasures
- Tokyo University of the Arts
- Mitsukoshi Isetan Department Store
- Takashimaya Department Store
- Hotel Okura
- Imperial Hotel
- Hotel New Otani
- The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
- Asahi Breweries
- Nada Man